The Internet has emerged as the most empowering tool of individual freedom since the Gutenberg’s press, affording billions of people worldwide not only the tool of instant communication, but access to a wealth of liberating information, freedom from the chains of received consensus, and the opportunity to become their own media platform.
This represents an ever increasing threat to the status quo of the elite, which is why the establishment is working feverishly to dismantle the freedom granted by the world wide web in its current form.
1) The Death of Net Neutrality
|English: Wall-mounted emergency switch to switch off the Internet when needed; like the "Internet Kill Switch" planned by some US politicians and probably already used by the Mubarak regime in Egypt in 1/2011. Deutsch: Internet-Not-Aus-Schalter; ungefär so, wie von einigen US-Politikern gefordert (und vielleicht vom Mubarak-Regime im Januar 2011 schon benutzt). (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
2) Intelligence Agencies are Manipulating the Internet With Deliberate Disinformation3) Governments are Paying Trolls to Sway Public Opinion
4) Mainstream News Websites are Killing Comment Sections
5) The Obama Administration’s “Cognitive Infiltration” of the Internet
6) False Flag Cybersecurity Attacks as a Pretext to Increase Web Regulation
7) Fairness Doctrine for the Internet
8) Homeland Security’s Internet Kill Switch
9) New Taxes and Regulations Set to Stifle Communication & Sales on the Web
10) SOPA, CISPA & The FBI’s Internet Backdoor
The ultimate endgame for the bid to kill the Internet as we know it undoubtedly revolves around a plan to create a universal Internet ID system, recently introduced by the White House, which will eventually be transformed into a de facto license to use the world wide web. This would empower the state to strip anyone who misbehaves of the ‘privilege’ of using the Internet and thereby institute government permission to access the web.